Version 0.8.5 (21/11/09)
- Replaced escape and unescape function calls by encodeURIComponent and decodeURIComponent function calls respectively. This makes for better character escaping and unescaping, which should enable signing in with a password that contains certain non-alphanumeric characters.
- Adding a contact to a list no longer resets his/her display name to the e-mail address.
- The menu items "Send an Instant Message..." and "Send an E-mail..." in the Contacts menu and in the context menu now actually work.
- Adjusted CSS for instant messages for Gecko 1.9.x compatibility.
- Added it-IT locale supplied by Vink8_.
Version 0.8.4 (7/2/09)
- Implemented a work-around for a server bug/change that prevented parsing of the commands that tell the client who was already online when you logged in.
Version 0.8.3 (12/12/08)
- When a contact that you already had on your list added you to his/her list while you were offline, a bug would occur on the next login.
- Messages with at least two consecutive line breaks get parsed properly now, and should appear in full.
- Fixed undefined entity errors in fr-FR and nl-NL locales.
Version 0.8.2 (17/9/08)
- For some reason notification messages of a contact recording a voice clip are sent by the server, which was unexpected and essentially froze the session window.
- Automatic Hotmail login has been fixed.
- (XULRunner) Double-clicking on the e-mail item didn't do anything. Code has been written to create a temporary HTML file that is opened in the default web browser.
Version 0.8.1 (18/6/08)
- When unblocking a contact whose status is Online, it would be noted after the display name, when it shouldn't.
- After a contact status change, the client would update the display name on the server even when it hadn't changed.
Version 0.8 (9/4/08)
- Implemented the new connection code contributed by Stephen Clavering.
- Improved the process of adding a contact.
- Adding a newline by pressing Enter/Return in an empty message box is no longer possible.
- It is now possible to invite contacts to a conversation.
- Implemented File Transfer.
- Fixed a bug that caused the login status to not be reflected by the Status menu.
- Fixed the bug that caused a contact to appear blocked when it wasn't at rare instances. It was caused by a server bug.
- When a contact is added to your reverse list and you are not asked how to handle it, the contact was added to the block list instead of the allow list.
- The BLP privacy value is now respected.
- The Contacts header is gone.
- The Preferences window is now tabbed, with more options.
- The "To:" bar is now coloured according to the contact's status.
- It is no longer possible to start a conversation with an offline contact.
- Font sizes are no longer fixed, but honour the user's font settings.
- Log file names are now unique.
- The possibility that a contact that's not in your contact list is present in a conversation with more than two contacts is now accounted for.
- The number representing the lists the contact is in was being stored as a string instead of an integer, which triggered at least one bug.
- Yet another server bug. Sometimes the server will send the e-mail address of the typing contact not in all lowercase characters. This possibility has been accounted for.
- Now the scroll bar will no longer jump to the bottom upon arrival of new messages while reading scrollback.
- Contacts that went offline still had their previous non-online status noted, if they had one.
Version 0.7.3 (22/10/07)
- Messages stored in the buffer weren't sent with style information.
Version 0.7.2 (11/10/07)
- The window handling reverse list changes has been fixed. It was sending bad commands that caused a disconnect.
- URLs at the end of a line but not at the end of a message are now properly handled.
- I don't know what I was thinking, but display names have to be unescaped at log-in while receiving the contact list, unlike what I said before.
Version 0.7.1 (19/9/07)
- The possibility that contacts who are not in your contact list join an existing conversation is now accounted for.
- The month number in the status bar and log messages was off by one.
- Hours and minutes in the status bar and log messages now always consist of two digits.
- I've changed my mind about log times and now they aren't in UTC format anymore, but in the local time format.
- The time that the last message was received no longer gets lost when internally a new session is created.
- Fixed a bug that prevented this client from reestablishing a session after it was closed when both use this client.
- Forgot to escape display names at log-in while receiving the contact list.
Version 0.7 (6/9/07)
- UniCode support. Display names and messages with non-ASCII characters will now be properly displayed.
- The e-mail textbox is already focused when you load the extension.
- The "To:" field in session windows now also shows each contact's status.
- Fixed bug that showed both the message not received and contact off-line notifications when an error that the message was not received was received.
- You can now see how the sign-in process progresses with a determined progress bar and sign-in status messages.
- The extension now handles the action of someone adding you while you are signed on.
- Fixed contact adding.
- Fixed bug 17344: "Can't login when account doesn't have buddies".
- Enhanced X-MMS support. This is the font information that MSN sends with each message. The PF parameter is now supported.
- Better error messages and handling.
- Session logging, complete with time stamps.
- Context menu for session message view.
- Contact details appear immediately in the "To:" field when a session opens.
- Links in messages are now clickable.
- Automatic Hotmail log-in reimplemented. You can now check your inbox by double-clicking on the message that indicates how many new e-mail messages you have, and easily send e-mail to contacts.
- Removed contact list caching (not supported by protocol anymore).
- The preferences window is now separate, instead of being embedded in Mozilla/SeaMonkey's preferences window.
- The icon next to the menus in the main window now changes accordingly when you change your status.
- Added the angry emoticon.
- Session windows now close when you sign out.
- Gecko's own MD5 implementation is now used thanks to code contributed by Stephen Clavering.
- The server's contact list is now kept up-to-date.
- The status bar now shows when the last message was received.
- Added Dutch (nl-NL) locale.
- Added French (fr-FR) locale.
- Added Firefox support.
Additionally, the menus have been reorganised.
Version 0.6.2 (18/06/07)
- Starting to type when the contact hasn't joined yet will no longer trigger an exception that renders the session unusable.
- The cryptic "node not found" exception was caused by the MSN server randomly sending an already on-line (ILN) message long after log-in for a contact that already was online or an off-line message (FLN) for a contact that already was off-line. A check has been implemented to make sure each of these messages make sense when sent.
- Instead of showing an alert window when the contact you're trying to talk with is off-line, the message will appear in the window's messages view.
- Implemented a message that appears in the window's messages view for the error that occurs when the last message couldn't properly be sent.
- The server pinging procedure has been improved to be more reliable at handling a disconnect.
Version 0.6.1 (27/05/07)
- When a contact initiates a session with you, your messages will be sent instead of put into the buffer.
- Changing your status now works. The current status was being sent instead of the changed one.
- A colon at the end of a message will no longer turn into a broken image.
- Sessions initiated by a contact are now properly registered, which fixes the case where a call from a contact after an idle session would open a second session window when having two sessions instead of using the current one.
- White-space in display names and messages that are displayed in the session window is now respected.
- Pressing Shift+Enter in the message box will insert a newline instead of sending the message.
Version 0.6 (22/05/07)
- Corrected the XUL entity names for well-formedness.
- Implemented MSNP8 authentication.
- After submitting a message by pressing Return there will no longer be a newline inserted after the message box gets cleared.
- When a message is received, the corresponding session window will try to get your attention.
- Session windows no longer have unnecessary grippies.
- Better session management:
- It is no longer possible to open more than one session with a contact. If you attempt to, the existing session window will get focused. (*)
- A contact that has left the session will automatically be called back into the session when you start to type. (*)
- After you have been disconnected from the session due to it being idle for 5 minutes, a new session will be created and the contact called back when you start to type.
- Attempting to send one or more messages while the session hasn't been (re)created yet or when the contact hasn't (re)joined yet will temporarily put them in a buffer. They will be automatically sent as soon as the contact has joined.
- Implemented contact list caching.
- Long display names will no longer stretch the window. (*)
- You can now change your display name. (*)
- The unread e-mail messages count should work properly now (untested).
- Fixed the preferences window.
- Temporary removal of some features until I can re-implement them:
- No option to have the Password Manager store your user name and password.
- No automatic Hotmail login by double-clicking the unread e-mail messages count.
- As a consequence of the previous removal, choosing to send an e-mail message to a contact won't work either.
Under the hood, much of the code has been rewritten and modularised.
(*) This feature was already implemented in the nightly, but as I took 0.5 as my base, it has been re-implemented, based on the nightly's code.
Version 0.5 (28/07/03)
First release. Used MSNP7 to authenticate to the MSN network.